you're reading...
Tax Updates

New Income Tax Forms 2014 (1700, 1701, 1702, June 2013 versions)

The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) issued Revenue Regulations 2-2014 on February 4, 2014. These revenue regulations are issued to prescribe the new BIR forms with bar codes, and to reflect the changes in information required from said forms. This will also enable the said forms to be read by an optical character reader (OCR) for ease in scanning.  These will be used for income tax returns (ITRs) filing covering and starting the taxable year ended December 31, 2013.

New BIR Forms

Following are the new BIR Forms:

1. BIR Form 1700 version June 2013 (Annual Income Tax Return for Individuals Earning Purely Compensation Income)

2. BIR Form 1701 version June 2013 (Annual Income Tax Return for Self-Employed Individuals, Estates and Trusts)

3. BIR Form 1702-RT version June 2013 (annual income tax returns for corporations, partnerships and other non-individual taxpayers SUBJECT ONLY to the REGULAR income tax rate)

4. BIR Form 1702-EX version June 2013 (annual income tax returns for USE ONLY by corporations, partnerships and other non-individual taxpayers EXEMPT under the tax code, as amended, (Sec 30 and those exempted in Sec 27(C) and other Special Laws, with NO other taxable income)

5. BIR Form 1702-MX version June 2013 (annual income tax return for corporations, partnerships and other non-individuals with Mixed Income subject to multiple income tax rates or with income subject to special/preferential rate)

While the BIR forms were just revised in 2011, the BIR has again revised these reflecting the changes stated above.

Other Reminders

  1. Rounding of to nearest Peso – The requirement for entering centavos in the ITR has been eliminated.
  2. Mandatory ltemized Deductions –
  3. Transitory Provision – Taxpayers who filed using old forms for their 2013 iTRs (manual and/or electronic) must re-file using the new income tax forms upon their availability


You can download these updated forms using the links below:

If the above links are not available, download from the Bureau of Internal Revenue website as follows:

Share to others and tell us what you think! 🙂


About leecpa

Orlando Calundan is a Certified Public Accountant. He has exposures in audit of financial statements of entities in various industries such as real estate, food (quick service restaurants), manufacturing, service organizations and BPOs, automotive, holding/investment companies and more. He also has exposure on internal audit engagements.


240 thoughts on “New Income Tax Forms 2014 (1700, 1701, 1702, June 2013 versions)

  1. good afternoon sir
    i would like to ask if there is an excel file to download? thanks in advance

    Posted by juvy | February 5, 2014, 7:33 am
    • Currently po wala pa… We’ll give you copies in this page once available.. 🙂

      Posted by leecpa | February 5, 2014, 7:40 am
      • Good afternoon Sir,
        I’m back … Just wanted to ask for your email address to send you the fillable bir form 1700 pdf file for FREE to download from your site 😀 just wanted to share lang naman . I hope it’s not too late lol

        Posted by Juvy | March 22, 2014, 8:30 am
  2. hi! do you have new forms in excel file instead of pdf? thanks!

    Posted by Lei | February 9, 2014, 5:03 am
  3. Is my understanding correct that the CTC is no longer required? You can use other Government Issued IDs like PRC or Passport?

    Posted by Sher | February 10, 2014, 4:37 am
  4. Hi Sir Lee, may I ask if is it true na 5 sets na instead of 3 sets of ITRs are to be submitted for filing? Thanks.

    Posted by Donna Barbosa Guico | February 11, 2014, 5:30 am
  5. Good day, Mr Calundan, I just want to ask if this RR 2-2014 has superceded RR 19-2011? If so, then will we require Notes to FS based on the RR 2-2014 and nor 19-2011 anymore?

    Thank you very much!!

    Posted by dianadee09 | February 11, 2014, 6:51 am
    • If we look into the “Required Attachment” section in the Guidelines for 1702, No. 2 states:

      Account Information Form (AIF) and/or Financial Statements (FS), including the following schedules prescribed under existing revenue issuances which must form part of the Notes to the audited FS:
      a. Taxes and Licenses
      b. Other information prescribed to be disclosed in the notes to FS

      I guess, based on the above statement, the FS disclosures under RR 19-2011 are retained. 🙂

      Posted by leecpa | February 11, 2014, 7:15 am
  6. hi! how about for 1701? will CTC be required or will gov issued ID will suffice?

    Posted by lei | February 20, 2014, 1:45 am
  7. Hi. Are we really required to submit AIF (1702AIF form) as an additional attachment to 1702-RT?

    Posted by imee | February 20, 2014, 2:12 am
  8. can you send a sample of filled new bir forms of 1701 version june, 2013. Is there a need to put a closed and open parenthesis for negatives and less amounts like cost of good sold and expenses?

    Posted by doris villanueva | February 21, 2014, 11:11 am
    • For the ‘less’ amounts, if it’s already stated ‘less’ in the form, no need to put open and close parenthesis. But if it is a result of your mathematical operation like sales of 100 less cost of sales of 120, the you should put open and close to (20).

      Posted by leecpa | February 23, 2014, 2:15 am
  9. Hi Orly, one of my clients (a corporation) had been filing their 2013 quarterly ITR using OSD. They are exempt from paying income tax under a special law.

    Per the new Revenue Regulation, if i am correct, that type of corporation is now mandated to use itemized deduction and not OSD. right? I understand then that the annual ITR must be presented using the itemized deduction.

    Now, my question is, what will happen to the quarterly ITR that they had filed? do they have to amend those returns from OSD?

    Thanks in advance.

    Posted by hyejin18 | February 24, 2014, 10:29 am
    • Hi Hanna! So you are now handling clients? 🙂 Nice dropping by!

      Yes, your understanding is right about the matter. First, they are exempt from paying income tax, so what was the reason they file OSD presentation on quarterly income tax returns? But if you would think about it, they are exempt from payment both ways if they don’t have other income generating activities subject to tax. For me, it would be better to amend those returns to be more consistent with the annual, there is no delinquent payment anyway. But this is just my opinion. You may inquire with the RDO, it’s safer.

      Posted by leecpa | February 24, 2014, 10:48 am
      • Hi Orly, yep it’s my sideline actually, me ad my friends are planning to put up a firm (hopefully) soon. we’ll be handling business registrations aside from the usual accounting services.

        I’ve been actually following your posts, thanks for creating it by the way..:)

        as for my question, i’ll ask the RDO just to be sure.. and what ever their feedback is, if i have time, i will let you know. but i do agree with your suggestion though and i’ll most likely do that anyway. Thank you for the reply 🙂 (Gosh! we’re so formal.. hehehe)

        Posted by hyejin18 | February 24, 2014, 11:02 am
      • Nice to know! 🙂 Jhayne Angeles do too 🙂

        Posted by leecpa | February 24, 2014, 11:08 am
      • Awesome! we’re competitors but that’s just great! hehehe I still haven’t gotten time to finish our website yet. i’ll let you know once it’s done.. and hopefully get a free advertisement here.. since your site is growing as i see it.. hehehehe

        Posted by hyejin18 | February 24, 2014, 11:22 am
      • Hahaha i offer free address for your page! You want Name your site name! 🙂

        Posted by leecpa | February 24, 2014, 11:25 am
      • i am planning to buy my own domain.. but i’ll think about it… philcpa does have a great sound, hehehhe i’ll let you know.. hehehe

        Posted by hyejin18 | February 24, 2014, 11:27 am
      • 🙂 Sure thing!

        Posted by leecpa | February 24, 2014, 11:28 am
      • Here’s one thing more! If you got your own domain, maybe I can help you have your own email addresses using your domain, for up to 50 email addresses. 🙂 you would love

        Posted by leecpa | February 24, 2014, 11:43 am
      • That would be perfect! right now i am paying google 5USD a month for my email. i’d like to avail that hehehe although again, i still didn’t have enough time to do the site thingy so hopefully your offer doesn’t have expiration date. hehehe

        Posted by hyejin18 | February 24, 2014, 11:48 am
      • Yeah, google doesn’t have free email service. Doesn’t have expiration, but probably with minimal set up cost. 🙂

        Posted by leecpa | February 24, 2014, 11:51 am
      • if it’s very minimal and only one time fee.. i don’t think i would mind paying it.. 🙂

        Posted by hyejin18 | February 24, 2014, 11:58 am
      • Yeah.. You’ll save a lot, instead of paying google $5 per email monthly with a minimum of 2 active accounts. Here, you have 50 accounts for a minimal set up cost. We already made this a chatroom. Just email me 🙂

        Posted by leecpa | February 24, 2014, 12:05 pm
      • Oooppssa you’re right, it did become a chatroom….

        i think i’m good for now. I’ll just email you when i get the domain, i think It’ll be soon.

        Thanks again Orly and have a nice day! 🙂

        Posted by hyejin18 | February 24, 2014, 12:22 pm
  10. hi guys…new ITR forms 2014 (1700, 1701, 1702-RT, 1702-MX) are already available in pdf fill-in forms. 🙂 just pm me..

    Posted by newitrforms | February 28, 2014, 4:02 am
  11. good day, i just want to ask what is the monthly tax rate for amusements like Bars, nightclubs and live bands? is it applicable everywhere even in the rural provinces and municipalities or just in 1st class municipalities and cities? tnx po.

    Posted by robert | March 1, 2014, 4:17 pm
  12. Hi! I am not sure if this is the right thread for this question but I just wanted to ask if you can help me with my problem. I am currently a mixed income earner (2 employers) but the last time I updated my TIN, it was for a purely compensation one. I just read somewhere that my TIN category should also be for mixed income earners before I could file my ITR. What BIR form should I submit to have my TIN category updated? Would really appreciate your response. 🙂

    Posted by Cly | March 2, 2014, 3:15 am
  13. good day. i would like to ask if an individual is earning less than 300k annually(purely compensation) is there a need to file an annual ITR??. some of my friends told me that i just need to copy those informations/amounts on form 2316 to 1700 form. is that true?? im a little bit confused of this. need help.thanks much po.

    Posted by elaine | March 3, 2014, 9:24 am
    • You can file if you want, but it’s not mandatory since you are qualified for substituted filing. If you have a spouse however, your tax due is computed on the basis of your combined income and therefore, the taxes withheld by each of your employers may not be the tax due for your combined income and thus you are required to file.

      Posted by leecpa | March 3, 2014, 9:27 am
  14. I see.. it is not mandatory even if for foreign employees?.
    it’s my first time to make an annual ITR. thanks to you Mr. Lee.

    Posted by elaine | March 4, 2014, 5:55 am
  15. another thing Mr. Lee, for a foreign employee, on 2316 form, is there a need to appear a tax due amount on it??

    Posted by elaine | March 4, 2014, 8:28 am
  16. yes. Mr. Lee.

    Posted by elaine | March 4, 2014, 8:31 am
    • Tax should be the same with a resident citizen if such employee is a resident alien, meaning had stayed in the Philippines for more than 180 days. There should be tax due when the employer withheld less than what is due and if that is the case, need to file 1700.

      Posted by leecpa | March 4, 2014, 8:36 am
  17. actually Mr. Lee i already have an idea on how to deal with it but i just need to be sure that’s why i consult you. this foreigner has a tax due on my annualization.. is there a need that this tax due should appear on his 2316 or in his 1700?? by the way, we need to file a 1700 for him because the immigration requires him to the same with corresponding o.r attached. do you know about this requirements?. thanks much Mr. Lee. 🙂

    Posted by elaine | March 4, 2014, 8:42 am
    • Okay then, the thing here is, let’s not assume I know every details. When you annualize, it is your responsibility to withheld the right withholding tax so that at the end of the day, he will qualify the substituted filing. If you are saying that despite you withholding the RIGHT amount of withholding tax, and there is still amount due, it shall be dealt with in his/her 1700. But it should be emphasized here that you are responsible with the withholding taxes, as employer and you should ensure that in his/her last salary for the month you perform annualization to determine the proper tax due and withheld therefrom the said tax due.

      Posted by leecpa | March 4, 2014, 9:08 am
    • 2316 has the same effect as the 1700, unless there are really tax due not withheld by the employer and the employee need to make up. I am not aware of the requirements of the immigration specifically on 1700. 🙂

      Posted by leecpa | March 4, 2014, 9:11 am
  18. Hello,
    Just a quick question. I’m employed but my employer is non-VAT company. How am I going to file my ITR? Will I use the 1700 form? Thanks so much!

    Posted by Lhoi Cruz | March 7, 2014, 2:33 am
    • VAT on non-VAT, no difference in filing. If your employer withheld and filed 2316 and you earn purely compensation income and has only one employer during the year, not required to file. Substituted filing of the employer is enough.

      Posted by leecpa | March 7, 2014, 11:50 am
  19. pla. help me how to print the new itr. I followed the instruction,but still the print was nit nice.the bottom was over on the size of a4

    Posted by Doris | March 8, 2014, 1:11 pm
  20. hello po, i have small business and i am the only one filled up my ITR’s , it just a simple ITR lang po ang aking ginagawa. the new 1701 forms are now ready and they said it has 12pages daw po, now i would like to ask lang po if pareho lang po ba procedure ang gagawin ko pag fifill up nito like ng ginagawa ko dati using 1701encs 2011? single proprietor lang po ako salamat po

    Posted by mommie wheng | March 12, 2014, 6:37 am
  21. Question lang sir about the new rr re: those not qualified for OSD. Sabi sa rr that individuals with income subject to section 24 of the tax code will no longer be able to use the OSD. Does this mean lahat ng self-employed individuals (or practicing professionals) with no other source of income e di na puwede gumamit ng OSD? Thanks!

    Posted by John | March 12, 2014, 1:15 pm
    • You are referring to Section 5. B. 3? It says “subject to preferential/special rate”. You can check again.

      Posted by leecpa | March 12, 2014, 1:32 pm
      • Ah ok. Sir, para lang sure kung tama ang aking understanding nung provision na yun… Yung mga di puwede gumamit ng OSD would be those individuals with income subject to section 24 and are also earning additional income that is subject to preferential/special rate. Pero if the only income you are earning e taxed sa rates ng section 24, then you can avail of the OSD? Tama po ba pagkakaintindi ko? Salamat po!

        Posted by John | March 13, 2014, 12:24 am
  22. Sir pwede po ba na pagka download at pagka print e i xerox na lang at yun ang gamitin pag maraming ipa file para sa ibang kliyente i mean xerox ang ITR na ipa file sa BIR

    Posted by Jackie Dador | March 13, 2014, 9:47 am
  23. sir will these revised forms affect the disclosure under Revenue Regulation 19-2011 in Notes to FS? thanks

    Posted by Kristine | March 14, 2014, 6:30 am
  24. Good day sir. I just want to asked if you already have an Excel format of the New ITR? Thanks.

    Posted by Jazer John Frias | March 15, 2014, 3:40 am
  25. if you a;ready have an excel format for new bir form 1701 can you send me?

    Posted by mhae | March 17, 2014, 12:31 am
  26. if you already have an excel format for new bir form 1701 can you send me? if ever there is also an interactive system for this.

    Posted by mhae | March 17, 2014, 12:38 am
  27. Hi Mr. Orlando,
    My question is not related to the above topic.. Is a “collection receipt” valid for claiming input taxes??
    and why do other company only issue “sales invoice”,”cash invoice” when a client ask for an official receipt???

    Posted by khit | March 17, 2014, 7:00 am
    • Generally it should only be sales invoice OR official receipt. Sales invoice is for sales of goods and official receipt if sale of services. If that collection receipt is equivalent to official receipt and you can find the “Principal Receipt” in that document, then that is valid. Remember that all receipts should be registered with the BIR whether supplementary or principal and if it is only a supplementary receipt, there should be “Not valid for claiming input VAT” in the receipt and thus, shall not be a valid source of input VAT.

      Posted by leecpa | March 17, 2014, 4:48 pm
      • thanks much Mr. Lee. (Y)

        Posted by khit | March 18, 2014, 1:59 am
      • Further on this. If I purchased goods (like fuel) and was issued an Official Receipt with the words “not valid for claiming input taxes” – can I claim the total amount of the receipt as an expense?

        Posted by sheilah | May 8, 2014, 2:44 pm
      • Technically, hindi rin yan valid. Kasi ang document din for claiming expenses eh invoice, kasi goods.

        Posted by leecpa | May 9, 2014, 9:19 pm
  28. Hi Mr Orlando,

    What form should i use, if i was previously employed with a withholding tax agent for the 1st half of last year, then on the other half, i was employed with a non-withholding tax agent company. But they deducted me sss/phic and hdmf contribution. they only issue us certificate of total income for our declaration of Tax

    shall i use 1701 or 1700?

    Posted by Deng Gongora | March 17, 2014, 8:30 am
    • You remain to be their employee? It seems that you are not. If you are a professional practicing your profession, then you should use 1701.

      Posted by leecpa | March 17, 2014, 4:44 pm
      • FOLLOW UP QUESTON: i am emplyed to another company and not a withholding agent, but they deduct to us the usual SSS/PHIC/HDMF as an emplyee/employer for their remittance. The only difference was taht they dont deduct tax, so they issue us certificate of income as an attchment to the form we will file to BIR. that is why im a bit confused if 1701 or 1700

        Posted by deng gongora | March 17, 2014, 5:24 pm
      • 1700. But the question now is why are they not deducting? It’s a responsibility of all employers unless they are allowed by a special law. They might have exposure in deficiency withholding tax. But nonetheless, use 1700.

        Posted by leecpa | March 17, 2014, 5:27 pm
      • they are in special law, but they encourage everyone to file and pay taxes by issuing certificate of compensation. thank you sir!

        Posted by Deng Gongora | March 18, 2014, 2:21 am
  29. You can now download from the BIR website: Offline eBIRForms Package v4.1 (with Annual Income Tax Returns v2013 ENCS)

    Posted by bong benitez | March 18, 2014, 7:11 am
  30. Hi Mr. Lee,
    another question that is not related to above topic.. for instance, if an external/internal auditor dies during the process of audit.. is there a possibility to end or withdraw on engagement?? Thanks much.

    Posted by khit | March 18, 2014, 7:36 am
  31. good day po. curious lang po ako sa new bir form 1701. kasi nakalagay po sa form na if you avail the 40% osd, you can not anymore deduct the cost of sales from the gross sales which is unfair para sa akin. base po kasi sa primer ng 1701 (2011 version), nakalagay don na ang 40% osd e ibabawas s gross income dapat. gross sales less cost of sales = gross income ska pa mag leless ng 40% osd. samantalang dito sa new form e gross sales less 40% = taxable income na agad. tapos hindi naman pwede lumipat sa itemized pag sinimulan na sa osd ng first quarter. please comment po…. thanks!

    Posted by gina | March 20, 2014, 3:48 am
  32. good afternoon. this has reference to the new bir form 1701 (june 2013 version). it is stated in that new form (item 53) that for those tax filer who opted for osd shall no longer deduct the cost of sales from the gross sales. may i know the legal basis of this? i believe that RA9504 especially section 3 which amends section 34(l) of NIRC of 1997 is still in force and has no further amendment yet. it is stated there that the 40% osd shall be deducted from the gross income.

    thank you and hope to hear from you soon…..

    Posted by gina | March 21, 2014, 6:06 am
  33. ask ko lang po, ano pagkakaiba ng Sales Invoice sa Billing Statement? bagito pa lang po kasi ako sa field of business and nung nagpagawa ako ng OR, sabi sa akin nung nakuha namin accountant na kailangan rin namin ng SALES INVOICE. So nagpagawa rin ako aside from OR, but to my surprise, ang idineliver sa akjin ay OFFICIAL RECEIPT at BILLING STATEMENT instead of Sales Invoice. ok lang po ba yun?

    and pwede ko po ba isoli at papalitan o ipaayos yung ipinagawa kong OR and SALES INVOICE? Hindi po kasi nasunod yung font style ng company name dun sa layout na binigay namin.

    we are rushing it to print nung time na yun kasi po may hinahabol kaming deadline of submission ng bid.kay wala na pong nangyaring consultation about final layout, BUT, i have given them a sample layout para yun ang kopyahin. kaso iba nangyari, imagine for 5 years ko pagtitiisan gagamitin yung OR na yun.

    is it possible for me to ask for rework on my OR?


    Posted by allan | March 21, 2014, 2:23 pm
  34. sir,
    my question is about how , to fill up the no amount or no information for new 1701 & 1702? shall we Need to put not applicable or just leave it blank?

    Posted by Doris | March 22, 2014, 2:23 pm
  35. i have question, i am confused on 1701 form. those who are filing that their source of income is merely from professional, are they still entitled to deduct personal exemption which is amounting to P50,000.00?

    Posted by Deng Gongora | March 24, 2014, 3:36 am
  36. what shall i do if a persons is coming from practice of profession, and wife is no longer working she is already retired and staying home. can they still file 1701 as joint? and what if the income of the wife is lower than the personal exemption, can it be fusrther deducted to the husbands income? since they are filing a joint ITR?

    Posted by Deng Gongora | March 24, 2014, 5:47 am
  37. Do you have a template (excel format) for the newly released form of BIR.. Im having a hard time, please help.

    Posted by roj | March 27, 2014, 3:41 am
  38. Good afternoon po. New memorandum po from BIR na hindi pwede magsubmit ng ITR Forms na hindi handwritten. Bakit pa po kaya nagbigay ng downloadable forms kung hindi pwde itype and nagrecommend pa sila ng Adobe reader 11 sa pagfill-up kung kelangan handwritten at forms nila ang gagamitin? We’re almost through na po kasi sa typing of Forms ng clients namin. THank you po.

    Posted by DES | March 27, 2014, 7:20 am
  39. Good day Mr. Calundan! I think were schoolmates in CMU. Im a year ahead BTW, question Im using an eBIR format for 1702 RT. for 3 qtrs, CY 2013 i paid MCIT, i cannot fill up the Schedule 7 Item no. 2. Anund pwedend gawin? is it technical problem? hassle din kasi pag nagfill up ng manual form (since walang excel format na available). Hope for your reply re my inquiry. Thanks and best regards

    Posted by jtongco | March 28, 2014, 3:31 am
  40. Good day sir! I wish to verify, I have a client (an association), a NON-STOCK/ NON-PROFIT corp. however it collects rentals from the tenants in the complex (or compound). the thing is the tenants themselves are members.
    so I wish to ascertain whether I should use 1702-EX or 1702-RT Thanks Sir!

    Posted by acu_son | March 28, 2014, 6:22 am
    • A condominium corporation? Condo corp/associations are subject to income tax per rmc recently issued. Use 1702-RT

      Posted by leecpa | March 28, 2014, 9:55 am
      • thank you for the prompt reply sir!
        No, Sir it is an association which manages the compound where several warehouses are located, the association was formed for the sole purpose of organizing utilities (garbage collection etc.), security etc. thus the charges collected by the association is rightfully spent. the Association was incorporated by the tenants of the compound. The thing here sir, was when I contacted our RDO, they said we use 1702-RT, but on our articles of incorporation we are registered as non-stock non-profit. And so I decided to consult on a makati RDO, to which they addressed the issue as, and to quote: “it is the accountant or CPA’s discretion as to what form to use” and I found that too absurd, cause if we filed it wrongly, we’d be penalized. we are concerned as to what form must be used, cause we are considering the possibility of incurring MCIT on 1702-RT. thank you sir

        Posted by acu_son | March 29, 2014, 12:54 am
  41. Good day sir! Just like to ask if you have the link for BIR 1700 editable version, the one attached in BIR site cannot be edited eh. Also, would you know if there is any rules or guidelines if you are filing 1700 for others?

    Posted by Iris Jane | March 31, 2014, 7:37 pm
  42. Hi sir good morning.

    Inquire ko po sana issue ng isang business owner.

    May agency business sya registered sa RDO Pasay kaya lang non-operating na since 2011. Hindi nya mai-file ng closure dahil hindi na nya makita mga books of accounts, unused ORs, etc. Ang ginawa nya, nagpa-file pa din sya ng quarterly ITR sa Pasay since wala naman tax payable. Ang TIN nya po ay 00 ang dulo.

    May FX naman po sya na bumibyahe sa Quezon City (QC), na registered sa RDO ng QC. Nagpa-file po sya sa Quezon City RDO ng:

    a. monthly percentage tax (kahit hindi naman nakalagay sa BIR Certificate of Registration nya)
    b. quarterly income tax return

    Ang TIN po nya sa FX business nya sa QC ay 01 ang dulo.

    Ang tanong po, saan na po sya dapat mag-file ng consolidated ITR? sa Pasay or sa QC?

    Thank you very much po.

    Posted by Rommel | April 1, 2014, 11:02 am
    • Yung 000 ang dulo. Yun kasi registered na head office mo eh.

      Posted by leecpa | April 1, 2014, 11:54 am
      • Thank you very much sir.
        God bless po.

        Posted by Rommel | April 2, 2014, 2:03 am
      • Hi sir, follow-up question po.

        1. Does she need to file her monthly percentage tax and 1701Q related to her FX in Pasay for 2014, even if it was being filed in QC last 2013?
        2. Does she still need to file the monthly percentage tax even if it was not stated in her BIR Certificate of Registration in the first place?

        Posted by Rommel | April 2, 2014, 11:08 am
  43. Hi,

    please help me understand.
    I am a new hiree last Oct 2013 and i submitted my 2316 already, I received new 2316 from my current company and ive verified it reflects my tax from my previous company. Also Ive verified that it is annualized since my tax withheld is equal to my tax due. With this should i need to file ITR with zero payment (form 1700) in BIR personally or should the company be the one doing it? Is it mandatory?
    Kindly advise.


    Posted by Kince | April 2, 2014, 2:56 pm
  44. Hellojust want to clarify if my business is registered last month i dont have 1701 to file? Tnx

    Posted by Irene | April 2, 2014, 3:59 pm
    • Just last month? Yes, you don’t need to file 1701 for the calendar year 2013 but you will need to file your 1701Q for the first quarter of 2014.

      Posted by leecpa | April 2, 2014, 4:57 pm
      • Hi,

        please help me understand.
        I am a new hiree last Oct 2013 and i submitted my 2316 already, I received new 2316 from my current company and ive verified it reflects my tax from my previous company. Also Ive verified that it is annualized since my tax withheld is equal to my tax due. With this should i need to file ITR with zero payment (form 1700) in BIR personally or should the company be the one doing it? Is it mandatory?
        Kindly advise.


        Posted by Kince | April 3, 2014, 4:07 pm
  45. Sir, hingi lang po ako ng advice regarding my case: ako po ay mixed income earner (compensation at business). Ako po ay may isang anak na 1 year old na. Na-update ko lang po ang aking exemption list sa bir this march. Kaya yung nakuha ko pong 2316 sa aking employer ay di nakalagay yung additional exemption na 25k. Dahil nung ginawa po ng employer ko yung 2316, e base sa records ng bir, e wala pa akong dependents. Ang question ko po e, puwede ko pa din po bang i-claim yung 25k na exemption for my itr this april 2014? Puwede ko po bang i-deduct yun sa aking income derived dun sa business? Sana po matulungan niyo ako. Salamat po!

    Posted by John | April 3, 2014, 1:54 am
  46. Sir ask ko lang po paano mag file ang mga efps using the new version of 1701 form

    Posted by marivie | April 3, 2014, 6:54 am
  47. Hi, what is the right way of printing the latest ITRs using the eBIRforms offline package system? we’ve tried to print it already, but the margins cannot be change. thanks!

    Posted by Aj Aquino | April 3, 2014, 8:13 am
  48. hello, ask lang po how to arrive at taxable income if you choose 40% osd? ano po ba talaga ang tamang computation, saan ibabawas ang 40%osd? i know that the osd is 40% of gross sales. Is it gross sales less 40% osd = taxable income na or gross sales less cost of sales = gross income less 40% osd = taxable income? thanks po….

    Posted by myan | April 3, 2014, 8:23 am
  49. Hi leecpa,

    please help me understand.
    I am a new hiree last Oct 2013 and i submitted my 2316 already, I received new 2316 from my current company and ive verified it reflects my tax from my previous company. Also Ive verified that it is annualized since my tax withheld is equal to my tax due. With this should i need to file ITR with zero payment (form 1700) in BIR personally or should the company be the one doing it? Is it mandatory?
    Kindly advise.


    Posted by Kince | April 3, 2014, 4:07 pm
    • Hi Kince! Seems like you enjoyed commenting. 😀 if you are a purely compensation earner and the tax is properly withheld, for by both of your employers, there is no need to file. Usually, tax withheld when you have more than one employers during the year doesnt equal the tax due, so you have to recompute your tax and file 1700. But if what is withheld is the correct tax due, there is no need.

      Posted by leecpa | April 3, 2014, 4:22 pm
  50. Hi! Is the CPA certification really a mandatory attachment for the 1701? Thanks

    Posted by Pryma | April 4, 2014, 11:18 am
  51. wala parin bang excel file ing 1701 sir? pahirapan na namn magfile nito

    Posted by albert | April 7, 2014, 8:22 am
  52. tanung lang po. kylangan b talagang magfile ng 1700? para san ba to? tsaka panu kung hindi ko naipasa ung 2316 ko from previous employer? anung ilalagay kung info s 1700 ung previous b o present 2316 (same year lang din 2013)? thanks.

    Posted by Jayar | April 7, 2014, 10:45 am
    • Need po magfile if not qualified for substituted filing. Gaya po ng pag 2 employer natin sa current year, need po magfile nun. Need po ilagay income from both employers.. at need po ng 2316 from previous employer as attachment.

      Posted by leecpa | November 4, 2014, 2:25 pm
  53. Hi, just would like to ask if still we need to submit audited FS although the total annual gross sales is divisible by 150,000.00. Meaning the total gross sales is almost equal to 600k (150000×4). Because based on audit, quarterly sales will not exceed 150k. However, we have reported at 3rd quarter 182k gross sales because amendments of the previous quarter reports was updated and reported at 3rd quarter. Still do we need to submit audited FS? thank to advise.

    Posted by Vangie | April 9, 2014, 3:01 pm
  54. Hi sir question lang for form 1701…kasi dun sa interactive form ng bir pag purely business income, hindi ko alam kung saan ilalagay yung personal exemption..san po ba sya pwde ilagay?

    Posted by chrysty | April 10, 2014, 7:31 am
  55. Hi Sir. Question on filling out 1701. Can I still claim for the personal exemption of P50,000 if I’m already using the optional standard deduction of 40 percent? Thank you!

    Posted by akosistella | April 13, 2014, 4:14 pm
  56. Hello Sir. Could you please confirm if I need to file Form 1700 or not, given the following?

    1. I have two employers in 2013
    2. In my Form 2316 for 2013, Tax Due (Part IV-A, Item 29) is equal to Total Amount of Taxes Withheld as Adjusted (Part IV-A, Item 31)

    Thank you!

    Posted by King | April 14, 2014, 5:08 pm
  57. hi sir i just would want to praise you for being so generous,….may God bless you more…

    Posted by agnes b. popa | April 14, 2014, 10:32 pm
  58. Hello Mr. Lee,
    If a company has excess input tax last year can they carry over the excess next year?? and how?? Is there any memo or provision about this?? Thank you!

    Posted by khit | April 22, 2014, 3:10 am
    • Yes of course! In the monthly or quarterly return, there is a field for excess or overpayment from previous quarters, not sure of the exact term. Revenue regulations 16-2005, there are examples there. Check it out.

      Posted by leecpa | April 22, 2014, 3:15 am
  59. thank you so much God bless you!

    Posted by khit | April 22, 2014, 3:22 am
  60. Hi Mr. Lee.. Good day! I have some queries regarding itr filing for small business let us say a sari2x store..

    as i review i found out that they paid every quarter.. the quarterly income was P30,000 less OSD of 40% the taxable amount is P18,000.. the way the BIR computed the tax is divide it by 20… P18,000/20 = P900.. for 3 quarters it was P2,700 (P900 X 3)… Is the computation provided to us right?

    Now when I process their ITR, it resulted to a tax refund. to wit:

    Gross amount P120,000 (P30,000 X 4)
    Personal Exemption (P 50,000)
    OSD (P 48,000) (P120,000 X 40%)
    Taxable amount P 22,000

    Tax for P22,000 P 1,700 [P500 + 1,200 (P12,000 X 10%)]
    less: Tax remitted in 3 quarters (P 2,700) (P900 X 3)
    Tax refund P 1,000

    The reason why there is tax refund because no initial deduction recognize in computing quarterly taxes.

    What should be the process to make for us to arrive only at the end of the year at P1,700 tax?

    Is it allowed in the law to have initial recognition of deduction for personal exemption of P12,500 (P50,000/4) as additional deduction for quarterly income?

    Please enlighten me.. thank you..

    Posted by Ronnie | April 30, 2014, 4:09 am
    • Hello, tax due should be computed using the tax table for individuals, not taxable divided by 20. For the personal exemption, it can only be claimed at the annual return. In your case, it is really highly likely to have overpayment at the end of the year but you can apply that in you future tax liabilities.

      Posted by leecpa | November 4, 2014, 2:15 pm
  61. Correction:

    *The reason why there is tax refund because no initial deduction of PERSONAL EXEMPTION recognize in computing quarterly taxes..

    Posted by Ronnie | April 30, 2014, 4:12 am
  62. Sir\mam 286 po ang sahod ko bawat araw saka 15 days ang sahod namin.tanong ko lng po sana mggano po ang dapat tax ko?saka s overtime po ilang porsyento ang kaltas ng tax?tnx

    Posted by ronie b. cadelina | June 22, 2014, 1:07 am
  63. hello po,
    i have a small retail business, im confused, how come BIR ask for quarter income tax for 3 quarters only, then come april 15 i pay total amount in the 1701 form(meaning for 12 months). panu po ba to, can’t i file nalang yearly for the income tax rather than paying quarterly + april 15? tama po ba yon na i paid every quarter (3quarters) tapos di naman deduct dun sa annual na submit sa april 15, di ba parang double taxation po yon? actually parang triple taxation kasi I pay monthly percentage tax 3% too.

    Posted by borgy vinuya | August 6, 2014, 6:04 am
    • For percentage tax po, you can claim that as an expense. Ganun po talaga eh, required yun.

      For income tax, dapat po yung payment nyo for the first 3 quarters eh ideduct sa total tax due at the end of the year. May field po dun sa tax return kung san sya pwede ilagay.

      Posted by leecpa | August 6, 2014, 7:38 am
      • Ganun po ba, i asked the revenue district officer where I filed my april 15 ITR regarding this, that parang double payment, sabi nya ganun daw. im just small business owner very limited ang knowlege, so i went along, 3x na po kong nag bayad ng ganito, meaning I pay 3 quarters then un annual april 15, I also pay whole amount. Small provincial town kami sna alam un BIR collector mga ganyan.
        Sir thank you for your inputs, at least sa 2014 ITR to be filed on april 15, 2015 I know na.
        thanks po.

        Posted by borgy vinuya | August 7, 2014, 2:51 am
      • You can engage me if you want to be sure.. Hehe welcome! 🙂

        Posted by leecpa | August 7, 2014, 2:56 am
      • Sir follow up lang po, ano pong item name yon pde ko deduct yong pay ko for last 3 quarters sa ITR annual form? Please help.

        Posted by borgy vinuya | August 7, 2014, 2:52 am
      • Page 9 po sa bagong form ng BIR Form 1701. Schedule 9 – Tax Credits/Payments

        Posted by leecpa | August 7, 2014, 3:04 am
      • Thank you po and more power. laki po ng help ng inputs nyo. continue your blog po.

        Posted by borgy vinuya | August 7, 2014, 4:21 am
  64. Hi sir,
    I have question, what form shall i use in my income tax form if i am currently employed but i am allowed to be legal consultant to other firm(but limited to one only)?

    Another question, do i need to register myself with BIR as practicing professional and get my own receipt to issue with my one and only client?

    thank you so much!

    Posted by deng gongora | August 6, 2014, 10:38 am
    • Hello! If you are a legal consultant in other firm, and it is not under an employer-employee relationship, it means that you are practicing your profession and you should be registered as such, even if you only have one client.

      Regarding the tax form. You also should have 2. 1) BIR form 2316 coming from your employer 2) BIR Form 1701 that you need to file annually. Actually, the 2316 need to be attached to the 1701 as you need to combine both your income in the 1701 but you can claim as deductions to tax payable any amount withheld by your employer as stated in BIR form 2316.

      You also need to file BIR form 1701Q at end of every quarter as you are considered practicing professional.


      Posted by leecpa | August 6, 2014, 10:50 am
      • thank you so much sir! another question, do you have accounting/auditing firm? or can you recommend one? a friend of mine is in need.

        Posted by deng gongora | August 6, 2014, 11:04 am
      • I know one and I am a consultant in there. Message me using the “about” section above so I can give you my contact details. 🙂

        Posted by leecpa | August 6, 2014, 11:07 am
  65. Dear Sir, I am helping a church file their income tax returns from 2010 to 2013. RR 2-2014 states that the new ITR forms are covering and starting taxable year ended Dec 31, 2013. Therefore, should I use the old ITR forms for their 2010-2012 ITRs? Thanks.

    Posted by rts | August 13, 2014, 2:25 am
  66. Sir question what if a new employee did not submit their 2316 from their previous do we compute her annual tax? isasama po ba namin sya sa alphalist as not substituted filing?

    Posted by melo | September 5, 2014, 5:15 am
  67. what if we hire a foreigner and will work with our company. how much po yung tax na ibibigay sa kanya?

    Posted by melo | September 5, 2014, 5:17 am
    • Depends on whether the alien is (1) a resident alien or a nonresident alien (2) engage in trade or business or not engage in trade or business in the Philippines.

      For nonresident alien engage in trade or business and resident alien, tax is similar to a resident citizen (graduated table).

      For nonresident alien not engaged in traded or business (stayed less than 180 days during a taxable year) tax rate is 25% flat.

      Posted by leecpa | September 8, 2014, 4:04 am
  68. hi sir, where can i download the latest 2551 m form? i already tried the link that you gave from one of the comments above, pero yun pa din yung lumang form. Please email me My dad really needs it. thank you so much!

    Posted by Issa | November 3, 2014, 6:07 am
  69. HI! Same question as ISSA’s… where can we download the latest 2551M form? Kindly email me too. My email add is Thank you 🙂

    Posted by TAL | November 4, 2014, 12:58 pm
    • See reply to the above post.. 🙂

      Posted by leecpa | November 4, 2014, 1:39 pm
      • Thank you for the quick reply. However, I used the form from the link you posted just this afternoon and the girl in Chinabank said that there is a new one. She was not able to show me one though. She showed me the new 1701Q form. She told us that it is available online but when I visited the BIR website, it is still the same form. 😦

        Posted by TAL | November 4, 2014, 1:45 pm
      • It might be the eBIRForm.. It’s not actually required for everybody but BIR encourages everyone to use it as it expects to expand its coverage later this year. Check the 2nd link for the eBIRForms.

        Posted by leecpa | November 4, 2014, 1:48 pm
      • HI! I was able to download the new forms already. Yes, it is in the eBIRForms. Thank you very much!

        Posted by TAL | November 5, 2014, 11:04 am
  70. Hi po… ask ko lng po ha… panu po ba ako makakakuha ng COPY lng po ng ITR ko for 2013 year kse nde ako bngyan ng previous company ko… tama bang pumunta ako s any branch ofc ng bir and ask for a copy of it?! Nafile nman n ung tax ko for that year ang prob lng ayw magbgay ng company ko kse dahil s clearance ko s knila? PLs help… need this copy for my visa application…

    Posted by kaye0311 | November 11, 2014, 6:28 am
    • Hi, if you are pure compensation earner during that year, yung company talaga magbibigay sayo and di pa ata effective yung submission nila ng 2316 sa BIR that time. If qualified ka for substituted filing during that time, employer mo lang talaga pwede mo hingian ng copy.

      Posted by leecpa | November 12, 2014, 3:44 am
      • OMG ei pnu po un parang ayw ibigay ng company ko ung copy ko s akin kse gusto nila mgclearance pko.. part ng clearance nmen kse ei i have to pay my sss and pagibig.. npakaimposible talaga kse ang pgkakaalam ko nde pde ihold ang isang empkeyado ng dahil s loan s pagibig at sss buti kung loan ko s company nla db? Ewan ko nkkfrustrate n tlga… so meaning nde ako pde pumunta s any BIR branches? Pra s copy ko?

        Posted by kaye0311 | November 12, 2014, 5:49 am
      • Wala po kasi silang copy sa branch.. Substituted filing po yan, and yung pinapasa during that filing is alphalist ng employees, not the 2316.

        Posted by leecpa | November 12, 2014, 9:11 am
      • Tama naman po yun na di na dapat nila habulin yung statutory loans nyo.. Unless po binayaran nila tapos kulang pala last pay nyo.. Better po iclear nyo na lang po sa company nyo. Tsaka isa pa po, pag 2013 yan at employed pa po kayo sa kanila ng early 2014, di po dapat nila iniipit yan.

        Posted by leecpa | November 12, 2014, 11:53 am
  71. follow-up question on the personal exemption, if this will not be deducted yet from the tax due for the quarter report, a tax is due for payment for the quarter, while if it will be deducted, there is an excess on the creditable tax… if at year end, the creditable tax is more than the tax due which is then bloated because of the tax paid during the interim quarter, you mean this will form part of the creditable tax again? Why is it not deductible in the interim when in fact the base amount is cumulative?

    Posted by doris | November 13, 2014, 3:31 pm
  72. thank you Sir for the link to the fillable file of 2551m. so basically all bir wants is a printed copy and not just hand filled forms… wished they had all the forms available on their site. so much for helping tax payers. Hope they will consider in making akk files available.
    God bless you Sir.

    Posted by alpa | February 26, 2015, 3:01 am
  73. Hi, paano kapag tatlong company within the year,
    halimbawa ;
    A 500 withheld = 0 (because below minimum)
    B 4000 withheld = 500
    C 2000 current .. withheld = 200

    paano ito ifill up sa 1700 eBIR forms? may problema kay A, kasi nagkakaroon ng payable.

    Pls help

    Posted by lem | February 27, 2015, 3:25 am
    • I also have the same issue.. may 2 employer ako w/in 1 year:
      1st employer – 0 ang tax withheld
      2nd employer – 100 ang tax withheld
      di ko din alam kung papaano ifile sa 1700. Baka kasi maybayaran pa ako.

      Posted by Fie | March 8, 2015, 2:11 pm
      • What I did was, nilagay ko yung Company A gross PXXX withheld P0
        Company B gross PXXX withheld P500

        so on & so forth hanggang sa current co., accepted/validated naman sya ng new “offline BIRforms” then print 4 pages.

        Posted by lem | March 9, 2015, 1:55 am
  74. Hi Sir,

    what form to use if you are under compensation from a private company at the same time practicing professional (insurance agent) ? 1700 for individual earnings , then 1701 for Self Employed naman under 500k and annual earning po.

    Appreciate Respond

    Posted by cathy | March 14, 2015, 6:25 am
  75. Hello, Sir! I have been a freelancer since 2012 and I am now planning to register as a self-employed professional (1901). Say, I plan to declare my earnings since 2012, which specific taxes do I have to pay? The percentage tax, quarterly ITR or annual ITR? Kase based sa understanding ko, dine-deduct din naman yung pecentage tax at quarterly ITR dun sa annual ITR, tama ba?

    I know late registration and filing is subject to penalties so before pursuing my registration, gusto ko muna sanang i-compute how much tax, I need to pay. Thanks. 🙂

    Posted by Angel | March 14, 2015, 2:47 pm
  76. Hello, Sir! I have been a freelancer since Aug. 2012 and I am now planning to register as a self-employed professional because I’ll be needing an ITR for Pag-IBIG housing loan. I already have a TIN pero I got it through 1904.

    If I decide to declare my earnings since Aug. 2012, which specific taxes do I specifically have to pay? The percentage tax, quarterly ITR or annual ITR? Kase based sa understanding ko, dine-deduct din naman yung quarterly ITR dun sa annual ITR, tama ba?

    I know late registration or filing is subject to surcharge, interest and compromise penalties so before pursuing my registration, gusto ko muna sanang i-compute how much tax, I need to pay. Thanks. 🙂

    Posted by Angel | March 15, 2015, 5:00 am
    • Retroactive po na registration? Parang di po ata tumatanggap ang BIR ng ganun.. I suggest you just do it prospectively. Madami complications yang plan mo.

      Posted by leecpa | March 16, 2015, 8:11 am
      • Alright, Sir. So hindi rin po ako pwede mag-late registration for 2014? Bale ang mangyayari po mag-register na po ako for this year na lang. Tama po ba?

        Ang concern ko lang po kase, May iba po akong naging local clients na nag-deduct ng 10% withholding tax. May 2307 form po ako to attest that. Ang iniisip ko po, baka makita sa BIR IT system na may tax withheld na under my TIN pero I did not declare it. (Pero I’m not really sure if the system does have a record of that).

        Hope you can enlighten me regarding this, Sir.

        Posted by Angel | March 16, 2015, 8:32 am
      • Hi again. E-mail me instead at

        Posted by leecpa | March 16, 2015, 8:37 am
      • Email sent, Sir. Thanks.

        Posted by Angel | March 16, 2015, 8:45 am
  77. Hello Sir,

    Appreciate your prompt respond in my questions for form which is 1701, last March 14, on the question for Alphanumeric tax Code (ATC) ,what to choose? is it 011 Compensation, 012 Business Income , 013 Mixed Income.
    Actually BIR personel help me written it on paper using last year 1701 form, however since offline is a bit automatic, It is not the same.

    I was trying to figure out if it matters to activate some boxes for me to fill in figures.

    Thank you so much for bringing aid to us by sharing your expertise.

    God bless you & Thank you

    Posted by cathy | March 22, 2015, 8:54 am
  78. Mixed income po pag employed at the same time may business.. You are right, some questions are triggered by checking certain boxes po. 🙂

    Posted by leecpa | March 22, 2015, 9:06 am
  79. hi,
    Im using the online ebir forms 1702EX, but i can’t print it since it says that ‘PART IV ITEM 39 SHOULD BE EQUAL TO SCHEDULE 6 ITEM 10.”
    I have encoded the amount for those and its the same amount but still I can’t print it…..
    another thing is that it is an exempted corporation why does it have a net taxable income? will we be taxed later on? thanks……

    Posted by wilma santiago | March 23, 2015, 9:45 pm
    • This one also gave me a headache, just wanna share how I resolved it- Part IV Item 39 should have a negative number (e.g. -1400). The software displays negative values in closed parenthesis rather than adding a negative (minus/-) prefix. Hope this helps.

      Posted by Kapitan Basa | April 11, 2015, 6:02 am
  80. okay lang po bang magfile ng 2011 version ng ITR for the year 2014?. saka meron po ba kayong available na excel format ng 1701 version june 2013. tnx po.

    Posted by Richard Cruz | March 25, 2015, 1:41 am
    • If you are not one of the mandatory taxpayers required to use eBIRForm, then you should use the eBIR Form, otherwise you can use the manual forms. Wala po atang excel template, just PDF.

      Posted by leecpa | March 25, 2015, 2:01 am
  81. Hi sir Good Morning.

    May I ask po, last 2013 I received income as a full time employee and a part-time teacher from another company. I file my ITR form 1701 last year since this is a mixed income.
    Last year 2014, Hindi na po ako nagturo, full time employee na po ako. Isa na lang naging source of income ko.
    Sabi ng isang auditor, kailangan ko pa din mag-file ng 1701 every year dahil hahanapin pa din daw ito ng BIR dahil nakapag file na ako nito.
    Tama po ba ito?

    Posted by Rommel | March 27, 2015, 3:05 am
  82. Hi Sir,

    Tanong lang po, a friend of mine is previously engaged in a business, ceased operation but still filing the forms that are mandatory returns at BIR.

    He is employed by February 2014. He is confused, if he still needs to file for an annual return. and what form he needs to use?

    Is BIR form 1701 still applicable ?

    Posted by Deng Gongora | March 27, 2015, 11:43 am
  83. Hi sir Lee.

    I’m a little bit confused. Last 2013, I have two (2) employers. I work full time in the first company and part-time on the other one. They both issue 2316 and I file form 1700 last April 2014.
    On 2014, I work full time in only One (1) company. I married last December.
    What form should I used?

    Posted by Rommel | March 28, 2015, 1:52 am
    • Hello. If your employer has withheld and remitted the right tax, then the BIR Form 2316 should already suffice, meaning you need not file the 1700, because you are qualified for substituted filing of tax return. Meaning, your employer will file it for you. You just need to sign at the lower part of your 2316 acknowledging the entitlement to substituted filing. If your employer has not withheld and paid the right taxes, then you need to file 1700.

      Even if you get married but without additional dependent, it will not affect your tax due but you need to update your information. Ask the right form from your HR and accomplish it to update your information.

      Posted by leecpa | March 28, 2015, 2:04 am
      • Hi sir.
        According to a friend auditor since I file form 1700 last year, I need to file the same form every year. This is because BIR will look for the same form I filed last year. Even if I only have One (1) employer and the withholding tax is correct.
        Tama po ba ito sir? Eto po kasi nag pagulo sa akin.

        Posted by Rommel | March 30, 2015, 8:10 am
  84. If we file 1702 by electronic filing with attached schedules, do we still need to submit hard copies for stamping at our RFO?

    Posted by SUSAN PAGLIN | April 3, 2015, 5:22 am
  85. Hi Sir,

    Greetings, after I created the 1701 2014 form offline and printed it out, BIR advise me to submit it online.
    Since I cannot navigate it, and could find it on the link, what I did I sign up to bir then received a email confirmation for transmittal to BIR (complete with requirement)for the account activation. my question Is this correct?
    After BIR activation I can be allowed to submit my 1701 annual online?

    Also if this is the procedure, what is then the use of offline e-forms for the pecentage tax requirement?

    Going through the process is not so encouraging and somehow bring me to appoint of giving up. (hindi lang po kase ganun ka accomodating.

    Thank you

    Posted by cathy | April 4, 2015, 5:22 am
  86. sir good evening. i would like to ask what if i am no longer operational but my business is not close yet i know i need to file for 1701. however the form online is too complicated and cannot be printed if some data are missing. Pano po ang gagawin ko? can i accomplish the form in hand writing? and on what portion of the form will i write that i am no operational? thank you.

    Posted by melissa | April 4, 2015, 1:53 pm
    • You have to accomplish everything other than the income portion since you don’t have income to declare.. Also, since you will file a no payment return, you are required to use eBIRForms so just patiently process it. 🙂

      Posted by leecpa | April 6, 2015, 4:44 am
  87. Can you please advise what are the journal entries for Nolco?

    Posted by SUSAN PAGLIN | April 5, 2015, 1:27 am
    • There is no journal entries for NOLCO. You just have to monitor it. But there is an entry for the carry forward benefit of NOLCO if management estimates that they can utilize it. Debit deferred tax asset and credit benefit from deferred taxes…

      Posted by leecpa | April 5, 2015, 1:50 am
    • Debit deferred tax asset, credit benefit from deferred income tax – this is for the tax effect (e.g. 30% of NOLCO if corporation).

      Posted by leecpa | April 6, 2015, 4:41 am
  88. hi sir, a little bit confused, what CTC should be i used in 1702RT, is it the CTC of the corporation or the ctc of the signatory? thanks

    Posted by mae | April 7, 2015, 2:17 am
  89. Do we need to file 1702AIF? I submitted my 1702RTelectronically and it would not accept any attachments.

    Posted by Susan Paglin | April 8, 2015, 1:25 pm
  90. hello, ask ko lang po ano form gagamitin pag non stock non profit ang company ? bale church po sya ano po ba ang gagamitin ? 1702RT or 1702MX or 1702EX ? thank you 🙂

    Posted by Maria Teresa Amparo | April 9, 2015, 6:51 am
  91. good afternoon Sir, Single proprietor ako, ngaun lang ako mag file ng annual, kung paano mag post, sana mabigyan mo ako ng sample ng format kng saan ko ilagay ang Gross income, expenses, Depraciation,Net income. thanks a lot God bless!

    Posted by doris s. campit | April 12, 2015, 8:01 am
  92. Hi sir just want to ask, kasi when I tried to use the offline eBIRforms for 1701and 1701q hindi ko talaga magawang ichange yung values dun sa software. Puro zero lang talaga so i printed the forms nalang and wrote it by hand. Tatanggapin kaya yun ni BIR? Thanks!

    Posted by ksjt | April 13, 2015, 3:13 pm
  93. Hi boss! Just want to ask if you have an excel format for BIR form 1702 RT? Thank you so much! 🙂

    Posted by JoyCauson | April 13, 2015, 4:08 pm
  94. Hello Mr. Lee, just want to ask po if I have two employers in a calendar year who will be responsible in filing my consolidated ITR? (situation: late na-submit yung 2316 from my previous employer to my current employer, kya hindi nila naconsolidate). Can i have the computation on how to consolidate my compensation so that I can file it to BIR. Please help. I appreciate it much. Thank you!

    Posted by khit | April 13, 2015, 10:37 pm
  95. Hello!
    Sir i just want to ask if im a job order in a government office and just recently hired last january of this year, do i still need to apply the 1701Q on or before April 15 2015?

    Posted by geo | April 15, 2015, 1:57 am
  96. Good day sir! Can you explain what is tax due? Total amount of tax withheld by the employer and the amount of tax withheld as adjusted? The amount of tax withheld as adjusted is lower than the total amount of tax withheld by the employer.What shall I do? Thanks sir.

    Posted by Vanessa | May 10, 2015, 7:53 am
  97. good day sir how to online 1701 exempt.

    Posted by jna | May 21, 2015, 5:56 am
  98. Good day. In amending the Income Tax Return for 2014, we cannot input the item number 4 of Schedule 6A of 1702-RT (NOLCO), what’s the probable reason. I hope you can help us. thanks

    Posted by Frances Itable | June 12, 2015, 11:47 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


Join the Social Network

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,023 other followers

Need an Accounting System?

Post Archives

Site Views

%d bloggers like this: