On August 14, 2013, the Securities and Exchange Commission posted in its website the revised General Information Sheet (GIS) forms. These forms can be downloaded below:
- GIS – STOCK CORPORATION
- GIS – REGIONAL OPERATING HEADQUARTERS AND REGIONAL HEADQUARTERS OF MULTINATIONAL COMPANIES
- GIS – FOREIGN CORPORATION
- GIS – NON-STOCK CORPORATION
The SEC issued SEC Memorandum Circular No. 10, Series of 2013 mandating the amendments of the existing GIS, full text of which is provided below. You may also download SEC Memorandum Circular No. 10, Series of 2013, HERE.
Full text of SEC Memorandum Circular No. 10, Series of 2013
The Commission en banc in its meeting of May 6, 2013 resolved to approve the following amendments in the existing prescribed General Information Sheet (GIS):
1. The number of copies to be submitted from five (5) to four (4) copies;
2. The requirement of Tax Identification Number (TIN) for foreign nationals who are directors/trustees, officers, stockholders/members and resident agents of both domestic and foreign corporations instead of the passport in accordance with Memorandum Circular No. 1, series of 2013;
3. Inclusion of “Gender/Sex” in the page for directors, trustees and officers in accordance with the Commission’s Resolution No. 227, series of 2013; and
4. Inclusion of page I-A pursuant to Anti-Money Laundering Act, as amended.
Accordingly, the new GIS form shall be used by corporations beginning 3 June 2013. This Circular shall take effect immediately.
31 May 2013.
Mandaluyong City, Philippines.
Tell us what you think! 😉